Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Real Wedding from Austria

Anita and Christian's Wedding photographs literally just arrived in my inbox, along with her amazing and detailed story. I was so struck by their Wedding that I had to feature it immediately. As Anita sent such a personal story with her photographs I thought it would be best to write this blog mainly in her words. Anita worked so hard on her Wedding Day, doing a lot herself... and, as I hope you will all agree, what a fantastic result!
Anita was very keen on DIY and knew that she wanted to do a lot herself. By creating inspiration boards for each part of the wedding her theme was born... "A laid back, blue and white country wedding with vinyard details".
"We were engaged for one and a half years. At first I thought great, so much time to plan and to find the right things! However I soon realised that this could also be a curse because lots of time gives you lots of opportunity to change your mind! In the end, not even the design for our invitations were ready 6 months before the wedding!"
"When I found my dress it was one of those stories you hear a million times but never quite believe until it happens to yourself. I had not planed to shop for a dress that day, my mum and my mother in law were just there to look around. I found myself looking through dresses and I picked out 5 to try on. I remember clearly that I did not even want to take the last one into the dressing room with me because it just looked kind of "blah" on the hanger. Well guess what... I tried it on, last of course, and as soon as the zipper was closed and I turned around, there was a collective intake of breath and even I was stunned when I looked into the mirror. "Thats it!" popped into my head - and it was!"

 "Instead of a guest book I wanted to have a funbox where everyone could make fun pictures of themselves and write messages on chalkboard for us. Our last name is "Fischer" and my husband is always called just "Fischer" or "Fischerman", so I added some Fishermans Friends as a little joke gift on every table setting. I also hung chalk board signs on our chairs at dinner, reading "Fischerman" and "Fischermans Wife"."
"Since we are surrounded by vinyards, I collected old grapevines throughout the year and my dad made beautiful centre pieces for the tables with them, as well as our placecard holders. I also collected old preserve jars and had the florist place a loose selection of blue and white flowers in them. I took a few of the jars and put some white gravel in them to set a houseleek on. I put them inbetween the flowers and grapevines on each of the tables. I also had some houseleek in my bridal bouquet and I loved it."

"I ordered the Bridesmaid dresses in China to save money.  They were all custom made and against all expectations they worked out great."

"I loved the planning of it all but I have to admit that I was absolutely terrified for the day to finally arrive. I was so nervous, I quit eating about 2 days prior out of sheer nerves. Being a beauty girl and obsessed with make-up I stupidly decided to do my own make-up. Now I know why that is not a good idea. The effort it took to put the eyeliner on I will never forget. My hands where shaking so hard, I'm still wondering how it turned out the way it did!"


"The day went by in a blur of tears and nerves, dancing and laughing!"
We gave ourselves the most lovely honeymoon and wedding gift ever...his name is Maximilian and he'll be 6 months old in September. He was born exactly 9 months after our wedding!
Anita's Top Tips: 
1. Don't do your own Make-up, seriously.
2. Book a great photographer, it is always worth the money.
3. Stop looking for inspiration online at least 3 month prior to your wedding, otherwise you'll go crazy trying to fit in yet another cool detail you just found...!


Photography by Carmen and Ingo Photography / Cake Kurkonditorei (plus we had a lot of self made stuff people brought with them so we could have a cake buffet!) / Flowers - Blattwerk / Venue - local Inn/Pub Stationary - myself with the help of my graphic designer friend Jeany / Wedding Dress -D’ZAGE from Hufnagl / Bridesmaid Dresses - www.udreamybridal.com / Shoes -  Label: Victoria Delef Shop: www.zalando.de  / Hair - by my childhood friend Ulrike

No comments:

Post a Comment