Monday, September 17, 2012

A Beautiful English Summer Real Wedding

Welcome to the amazing Wedding of a beautiful friend of mine, Rachel, who married her beau last Summer.  It was an absolutely perfect Wedding set in the Norwich countryside on a perfect Summer's day. Surrounded by friends and family Rachel and Simon got married in a gorgeous little village church located in the village that Rachel has lived in since she was a child. It was such a personal service in which the mother of the groom read an amazing poem she had written for the couple, such a lovely thought. With tears in everyone's eyes the Wedding party then moved on to an absolutely stunning private house for the Wedding Reception.  It was actually one of the best weddings (and most fun!) that I have ever been to! I think you will agree Rachel looks absolutely stunning, she made such a beautiful bride and she didn't stop smiling all day! I will let her tell you the rest, in her own words.
I was lucky enough to meet my now husband through work and even more lucky that my boss was out of the office one day so I could turn on the charm.  It worked and he asked me out for dinner.  The rest they say is history.  After a year he proposed and within 10 months we were married......
 
I found the planning for our wedding fairly stressful as although I had always dreamed of getting married, that was as far as my planning had gone (other than getting married in the village church).  Eventually everything started to fall into place. I decided that I wanted the bridesmaids to wear dark purple and for the ushers to have matching ties but apart from that I did not want the colour to be used anywhere else.  
There are not many reception venues where I live, however I was lucky enough to find a beautiful venue which had just been renovated and was the ideal setting for the Wedding Reception.
Buying my wedding dress was probably the most fun I had in terms of wedding planning.  It happened like they say. I tried on a dress, felt like a princess and cried.  There was no turning back, I was to wear Ian Stuart on my wedding day.

And this really is a tale of 'happily ever after'... Rachel and Simon have just had a beautiful little baby boy!

Rach's Three Top Tips:
1:  Be as organised as you possibly can.
2:  Visit local wedding fairs for ideas and discounts.
3:  Don't loose sight of why you are getting married in the first place.

Suppliers:
Venue - Kimberley Hall / Dress & Veil - La Creme bridal shop, Norwich / Shoes - La Belle Angele, Norwich / Flowers - The Yard Florist / Makeup - Illusions, Cringleford / Hair - family friend / Bridesmaid dresses - La Belle Angele / Cake - Select Cakes, Norwich  / Photographer - Andy Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment