Friday, September 14, 2012

Interview with Shoe Designer - Freya Rose

FREYA ROSE
My history/training...
I grew up with my Mother who is a Jewellery designer and she was a massive influence on my decision to become a designer. Growing up in a creative family translates down and I knew it was something that I would love. I grew up appreciating intrinsic design and craftsmanship as every piece of jewellery she made by hand in her work shop. I studied footwear at The London College of Fashion, graduating in 2003 with a first class honors degree. From there I went on to hone my design skills whilst working for many other designers including Gina and designing for many popular high street stores. 4 years ago I went solo and started ‘Freya Rose’ and have never looked back.
I was first inspired to become a designer when...
I did an Art Foundation Course and particularly enjoyed Fashion Textiles and Sculpture. When looking at courses at LCF, I saw Shoe/Accessory Design and I knew it was for me. As I said above, my Mother’s creativity was probably my first inspiration, but as I grew up I was inspired by all things around me, and knew a design course was going to be perfect.
I am now inspired by...
EVERYTHING!! My latest collections have taken inspiration from nature and period clothing (to name a few) but I am fortunate to have a job that I absolutely love, a beautiful son and a fast paced London life where I’m constantly meeting creative people and visiting beautiful and interesting places. Inspiration comes to me every day in all shapes and sizes, there isn’t one specific thing… inspiration is everywhere, you just have to open your eyes to it and I make sure I take a pad with me everywhere I go. I am never short of designs.
My shoes appeal to...
A wide varied clientele. Because of our customization service, our clients are able to create their perfect shoes. We have women of all ages and nationalities coming to our showroom to discuss options and work on ideas. Our clients appreciate quality and intrinsic design. They also love the service and attention that is provided every step of the way.
My favourite designer is...
Roger Vivier (Circa 1950’s) and Alice Temperly are among a few… my list is endless!
My studio is...
Located at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London. I have a showroom, separate office and stockroom there. We have recently renovated our showroom and we love it… it’s very dramatic!
My best designs have come from...
Nature. Our recent collection named ‘The Enchanted Collection’ is reminiscent of the magical stories and colourful wonders found in a fairytale garden. Inspired by fresh dew sparkling in the sunlight, wild flowers gently swaying in the wind and the delicate flutter of fairy wings, this collection has been created in order for a bride to create her very own fairytale experience. The collection incorporates delicate crystal, gold chain with silk organza and couture silk flowers hand painted in gold leaf.

Every bride should...
Start a scrapbook as soon as they get engaged in order to have a place to keep anything that inspires them. It also allows them to start getting creative.  Cherish the whole experience from the day you start planning to the day you get married. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. Make the most of it and enjoy every second!
Shoe prices start from £195.00, Check FreyaRose.com for stockists.

No comments:

Post a Comment