Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wedding Video Madness - Daisy Jenks.

I think Wedding Videos are a bit like Marmite... you either love them, or you hate them!  Before I got married I wasn't too fussed and the thought of boring countless friends with your Wedding video for years to come, or sitting in and watching it on your anniversary every year just made me cringe. However, it is the only thing I regrets not doing for our Wedding.  The whole event flew past so quickly that I really think having a video would remedy the feeling of... where did that day go?   It was the Wedding video of Chloe and James (featured on yesterday's Real Wedding post) that made me think to write this post.  Even though I didn't know any of the faces it made me chuckle throughout the entire video and made me think what a great momento of the day to have.  Looking further into the company that produced Chloe's Wedding video I watched more of Daisy Jenk's work and love her style.
Although Daisy, from what I saw on her website and Vimeo channel works to a very set routine for every video she produces I think she achieves some amazing results.  It also seems to be a very simple, pain free (for the Bride and Groom as well as their Wedding guests) process.  Together with her client she chooses a soundtrack (or a couple) to work with, she then goes through the lyrics and considers how they might work on film. Daisy then chooses the backdrops when she arrives,  approaches the guests telling them what she is doing and asks them to feature on a 10 second clip. Telling them the words to sing they do a couple of practice takes, get it right and then go back to the party.  Working through the entire Wedding party makes it really special to get everyone featured. The cost of filming and editing for Weddings varies from £1,000 to £2,000 (depending on the event, location, and how long it takes). Post approval you are then supplied with three DVDs and a link to Vimeo to share with your guests.



No comments:

Post a Comment