Monday, July 30, 2012

Our First ‘Real life wedding’ – PART 2:

The Cake...
Made by my amazing Mum! I was so busy with other events work at the time of my own wedding that my Mum organised most of my wedding – she did all of the flowers and decorations, made and decorated the cake, liaised with all of the suppliers... she did such a fantastic job.
Personal touches to the day...

Areas for our guests to relax in were very important to us.
Jagermeister was a key feature of our wedding as it is my husband’s absolute favourite drink along with the best men (he had FIVE!) who requested their toasts to be made with Jagermeister instead of Champagne!
Sky lanterns were great (available at SkyLanterns) they created such a magical effect as they floated into the distance and the guests had great fun lighting them.
 Each guest’s placement card was attached to a lolly. This was designed, made and assembled by my lovely sister-in-law.
We had a ‘big hats and no black’ dress code for the ladies (as the bridesmaids were in black!) so the hat line was a great way to avoid squashed hats at the end of the evening and looked great in the marquee.
 I highly recommend having a photo booth at your Wedding. You get the most hilarious photos of all of your friends. This is the most tame photograph that I could find!
 My special guest! I even forgave him when he jumped on my dress!
 
The Bride's Top Tips:
1.  Invest in an amazing Wedding Photographer, who's work you love. A friend did my photographs and whilst he is a great photographer you really do need to have a lot of wedding experience to get those really treasured shots.  You keep your photographs forever, so it is worth splashing out on this aspect. It is also worth asking the photographer, before you confirm the booking, if they will give you a disk of all of the high resolution images to keep.
2. Test drive your shoes before the big day!
3. Have a Wedding Planner, or if the budget won't stretch ask a friend (or bridesmaid) to take control on your wedding day. I didn't do this and a lot fell onto my Mum's shoulders for the big day.

 Cake - made by my mum! / Photographer - William Sharp / Flowers - By my Mum! / Wedding Dress - Martin Charles / Bridesmaid Dresses - Karen Millen / Shoes - Marc Jacobs / Make up - FleurDeForce / Hair - Hensmans / Jewellery - vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment